Write Club is an online space for writers aged 13-18 – where members can meet other writers, share their work and get feedback from our team of writers, editors and mentors. Our members write short stories, long stories, very long stories; poems and spoken word performances; graphic and flash fiction; scripts for plays, theatre and radio. In short: any form of writing that captures your imagination. If you have the words, we have the expertise to help you hone your craft.
There are three variations of Write Club to choose from, and members can drop in to any session they like. There's no commitment required and all sessions are free to attend. Writers are free to follow wherever their pen takes them.
1. Write Club Original - an open space for writers of all genres, led by QUB Children's Writing Fellow and YA novelist Kelly McCaughrain. Meets fortnightly from Wednesday 20th January, 4.30-6.00pm.
2. Playwright Club - a space dedicated to supporting writers of plays, led by professional scriptwriters Emily de Dakis and Karris Halsal. Meets monthly from Wednesday 13th Dec, 4.30-6.00pm.
3. Write Club for Real - a space for journalistically-inclined writers, led by journalism experts Headliners. Meets monthly from Wednesday 24th February, 4.30-6.00pm.
There are two ways to participate and members choose the way they that suits them best:
- Join one of our weekly Zoom calls (Wednesdays from 4.30-6.00pm)
- Share your writing via our members-only online platform
How do I sign up?
A parent or guardian can complete the registration process by contacting Hannah at email@example.com
Once registered, members are welcome to join our online Zoom sessions. Details of Zoom sessions are emailed to parents/guardians ahead of each session.
Write Club members, enter here.
If you've forgotten your password you can reset it.
Privacy and security
This platform is for Write Club members and Fighting Words mentors and staff only. Writing will not be visible to the public.
Who else is using this site?
Moderators - Fighting Words staff
Mentors – experienced Fighting Words volunteers who encourage writing, give feedback and share ideas. All volunteers have Access NI clearance.
Administrator – Write Club co-ordinator, Hannah Armstrong