Fighting Words NI is seeking a creative individual to join our team as our new Digital Storyteller. This position requires a storyteller who understands and has demonstrated a passion and aptitite for writing in the modern communications landscape and who can craft compelling narratives across a wide range of platforms. You will demonstrate an interest in creative communications and marketing, coupled with a passion for writing and working with young people and/or working for social change.
As part of this role, you will produce content for blog posts, social media, campaign emails, etc. You should have a strong writing and broad storytelling skills necessary to establish brand positioning and messaging for a wide range of audiences.
This role will incorporate our mission, values, aims and objectives into strategic and compelling digital content that broadcasts the writing of our programme participants to the widest possible audience.
The post-holder will be given opportunities to develop existing and new skills both through technical training and on-the-job learning; there is potential for the post holder, as they gain experience, to train our programme participants, passing on their newly acquired and practised skills to build a cohort of Fighting Words ‘digital media storytellers’
Training and Development provided:
- Introduction to Fighting Words NI’s programme - we will train you in our creative programme methodologies, so that you can gain the deepest possible insight into our model of creative engagement and are fully prepared to lead workshops. We will also introduce you to participants across our programme: teachers, teenage members of our after school Write Club, our young playwrights etc.
- Practical skills - because of the potential breadth of digital media skills we expect candidates to have, we will work with you to create a bespoke training programme to boost your skills in specific areas. E.g. courses in web design, videography, copy writing/PR. This training programme will be self-led according to the needs of the post holder.
- Mentorship - we will identify and appoint a mentor with significant experience in digital media to support you in your role. We will work with local organisations to identify individuals to approach. The mentor could be based outside NI.
This post has been funded by Future Screens NI, Art Work - DfC Covid Recovery Employment and Skills Initiative.
To find out more about the role and how to apply, download the Job Description and Application form and submit according to the application method below, ensuring your application outlines the following:
• previous educational record;
• previous experience;
• understanding of the role being applied for;
• value you can bring to the organisation being applied to;
• value you can bring to the arts and community sector more generally;
• indication of the types of Continuing Professional Development (training) which would assist your individual skills development;
• indication of commitment to the three year job role; and
• confirmation that you are not supported by any other job scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications for this role is 5pm on Tuesday 28th June 2022.
- Please complete the application form in Microsoft Word and save and download a copy as a Word or PDF File.
- Please submit a completed monitoring form as a separate attachment.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted by email only.
- Please return the application form by email, along with a completed monitoring form, as two attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please state ‘Digital Media Storyteller’ in the email subject line.
Click on the links to download the relevant documents.